Tenosynovitis is general defined as an inflammation or swelling of a tendon. Tenosynovitis ankle is a condition in which inflammation occurs in the sheath lining surrounding the tendon.
The sheath is basically a cord which joins muscles to bones. Overuse of ankles or an injury is responsible for the development of this condition.
Causes of Tenosynovitis Ankle:
The various reasons responsible for the development of tenosynovitis ankle are as follows:
- Any kind of allergic or auto immune disorder
- Overuse of affected ankle
- Any kind of trauma to ankle which is left untreated
- Any kind of infection or injury to ankle leading to development of this medical condition.
- Recurring or abnormal movement of ankle or foot.
Symptoms of Tenosynovitis Ankle
Some of the symptoms of tenosynovitis ankle are:
- Intense pain causes difficulty in movement of joints.
- The motion of ankle joint become limited
- Inflammation occur on tendon sheath
- Ankle joint area becomes heated and redness appears on the affected area
Prevention and Treatment of Tenosynovitis Ankle
One can take various preventive measures and follow certain treatment tips to avoid and treat the development of tenosynovitis ankle condition. Some of these treatment options include:
- Application of ice packs on the affected area provides tremendous relief to the pain caused by tenosynovitis ankle. Regular use of ice bags helps in early healing of an affected ankle.
- Avoid moving the affected ankle as much as possible for its early recovery.
- Make use of ankle braces or splints which will help in immobilizing tendon. This helps in early healing of affected ankle.
- Try to increase the flexibility of your ankle by introducing strong and healthy fitness programs in your daily lifestyle.
- Do not avoid injuries that directly hurt your ankle in any major or minor way. Take proper steps to deal with injury so that they get completely healed up.
- Give proper rest to the affected tendons for early recovery of the condition.
- Applications of heating pads on the affected area also help in providing relief to pain and swelling caused by this painful condition.
Complications with Tenosynovitis Ankle
Keep in mind that if tenosynovitis ankle is not treated on time, the tendon may become restricted on permanent level or may get rupture.
Even the affected joint may become stiff if left untreated. Infection caused in tendon may get spread to other parts of your body and can result into serious and threatening medical condition affecting your limb.
Incoming search terms:
- tenosynovitis ankle
- ankle tenosynovitis
- tenosynovitis of foot and ankle
- tenosynovitis of ankle
- tenosynovitis of the ankle
- tenosynovitis foot
- tenosynovitis in ankle
- tenosynovitis ankle treatment
- ankle tenosynovitis treatment
- what is tenosynovitis of the ankle